Salted Caramel Butter Bars

I really need to stop baking so much.  I just love it  and now that I’m unemployed I have plenty of free time.  But my wedding is coming up in 5 months!  I need to lose weight and get in shape.  So what do I do?  Bake probably the most fattening thing I could bake.  Seriously, this recipe calls for a pound of salted butter.  But…oh my…they are SO good.  They’re like a little piece of sugary, carmely, buttery heaven in your mouth. 
 For the recipe, please visit the lovely blog Cookies and Cups. 
Tips:
  • Make sure you give yourself enough time to make these bars as it does take a while. 
  • The recipe says the sea salt sprinkled over the caramel is optional…it’s not.  I did half of my bars with the sea salt, and half without to compare. Trust me, the sea salt definitely adds more flavor and takes these bars to the next level.
  • The bars are best kept in an air tight container.  I'm not sure how long they're good for as ours were gone within a few days!  I'm guessing more or less a week though.
I hope you all can make these over the weekend.  They are probably one of the best things I've made in a while.  Enjoy and have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment