Groomsmen Style

Over the weekend I realized our wedding is only 4 months away.  Yikes.

Needless to say I had a minor heart attack.  I have my dress.  I pretty much know what I want to do with my  hair and makeup.  I have all my accessories and my shoes.  The bridesmaid are all good to go.  Basically the girls are doing just dandy.

Now let's talk about the boys.  This whole time I figured we would just go to Men's Wearhouse and rent tuxes.  But then I thought about it and realized tuxedos don't exactly fit the whole "backyard garden wedding" that we're doing.  Plus rented tuxedos never fit well and they always look so baggy.

So I hit the internet to see what else I could find.  I found a bunch of photos and had Matt look at them to decide what look he liked the best.  (I've found this tactic to be most useful in trying to get him to decide stuff for our wedding).

Turns out he really likes the look of black pants, black vests, and skinny ties. 

(Top: Source Bottom: Source)
I was impressed with this decision!  These groomsmen just look so hip and stylish to me.  Plus the boys will be a lot cooler for our July wedding.

Oh and of course he wants to add sneakers like the first photo.  Originally we were thinking about doing the whole converse thing that is grown to be quite popular.  But we realized that Matt is more of a skater-shoe type of guy.  He and his friends grew up skating with each other.  In fact, he wants to have some photographs of him skating with his buddies in their wedding-attire before the wedding.
(source)
Therefore we decided Vans would be a more fitting option.  We're going to customize his on the Vans website to match our wedding colors and we're going to buy black and white vans for the groomsmen as their present from a Vans Outlet store.
(source)

I'm excited about the groomsmen now.  I was putting all my efforts into the girls this whole time.  It's important to think about the boys since they will be in just as many pictures as the girls!  The best think about the vest look is that it's way cheaper then renting a tuxedo.  Right now at Men's Wearhouse they're having a buy 1 get 1 sale.  That makes the vests $30 each!  Plus some cheap black slacks, a simple black tie...I'm guessing the entire outfit will be under $100.  Most tuxedo rentals these days are around $150.  Score!

What looks are you loving these days for the boys? 

I'm also loving this mix n match look I've been seeing:
(source)
(source)



No comments:

Post a Comment