Body Image

(source)
I know a lot of wonderful and beautiful women.  I have a great support system of friends, most of who I have known my whole life.  Yet we all struggle with body issues.

The picture above was featured in O Magazine and it really struck a cord with me.  This woman in the photograph is gorgeous, and yet the lines on her body is what you would need to cut out for her to be proportionate to Barbie.  It's disgusting. 

I have to remind myself that although I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding, I just want to live a healthy life.  My body type isn't naturally skinny.  Could I lose a few pounds?  Sure.  I did gain the lovely freshman-30 while in college.  But it's important to not stress or obsess about body issues.  I know I said this already in my Audrey Hepburn post, but it really is important to love yourself and who you are now, not just who you want to be. 

So I dedicate this post to all my beautiful friends who I know read this blog.  And people I may not know who happen upon this blog as well.  You all truly inspire me.

This picture was taken from O Magazine's website, and it accompanies a really great article I think everyone should read. 

1 comment:

  1. Bravo!!!! We as women will only be equal whrn we can conquor this issue. I will continue to practice knowing what is truly important.

    ReplyDelete