Happy Hunger Games!

The Hunger Games comes out today!  I've been looking forward to this movie ever since I read all three books within the span of a few days.  I could not put them down.  Although the book is a teen novel, I think people of all ages can relate to it.  It really makes you think about reality TV and government propaganda.
(source)
In honor of the movie I thought it would be fun to put together a modern-day outfit inspired by Katniss Everdeen.  I'm not going to lie, I'm a big nerd at heart and I've dressed up for my fair share of movie releases back in the day (*cough* Harry Potter *cough*).  However, I thought a more contemporary look would be fun for the Hunger Games, so it's not so obvious.
Target Leather Jacket: $50
H&M Bird Shirt: $13
Gap Khakis: $50
Etsy Hunger Games inspired Necklace: $17
Fossil Cross-Body bag: $148
The Beauty Department BoHo Braid tutorial

Are you guys excited for the movie?  Did anyone go to the midnight release last night?  I'm definitely planning on sneaking in some candy and watching it this weekend with my girlfriends. Happy weekend everyone!  And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Update: Just found this!  Recipes from Panem.
Update #2: Hunger Games inspired Wedding Photoshoot!

3 comments:

  1. Super Outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Divergent if you are a Hunger Games fan! It'll be a trilogy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean and I went to the midnight showing at Downtown Disney last week. We had a blast! Sean had just read the book, though, so he was pretty picky about the story line. On a teacher side note, I was on scholastic book clubs ordering some books for my students, and they are selling the trilogy box set with a mockingjay pin for $21.00! Super awesome deal. I think I just might have to order one for myself and use that mockingjay pin to inspire my Katniss Halloween costume this year. =) Love your modern day outfit too!

    ReplyDelete