White Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

For Easter this year, I really wanted to make Cadburry Egg cupcakes.  Unfortunately, because of all the essays I had to write, I had to settle to make Rice Krispie Treats.  I forgot how much I love these marshmallow delights.  I know Easter was weeks ago, but I just have to share the recipe.  My mom tweaks the standard recipe a little bit by adding salt and vanilla extract.  These two additions really make the flavor in the treats really pop. 


This year they had white chocolate M&Ms!  I'm not sure if this is a new thing or I just never noticed it before.  But they are seriously so freaking delicious.  We had to use them in these treats.  If they're not in the stores anymore, feel free to use other white chocolate candy or white chocolate chips.  Or regular M&Ms.  The beauty of Rice Krispie Treats is that you can throw whatever you want into them!

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of mini marshmallows (the mini melt faster)
6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 package of white chocolate M&Ms (or whatever else you want, just eyeball how much you want in your treats)

Directions:
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.  Add mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. 
2. Add vanilla and salt.
3. Remove from heat.
4.  Add Rice Krispie cereal and stir until well coated. 
5.  Stir in M&Ms.
6. Using wax paper so it doesn't stick to your hands, evenly press mixture into a buttered 13x9 pan.
7.  Let completely cool and then cut into bars!



Recipe adapted from the Rice Krispies website.


No comments:

Post a Comment